The Pierre School District understands the concerns of families in our communities surrounding COVID-19 safety. It is our goal to provide families with the option for children to learn off-campus. The Pierre School District will provide virtual learning for students that choose this learning option with instruction provided by Edgenuity for core content areas.
General Program Expectations and Guidelines
- Students will remain enrolled full-time in the Pierre School District.
- Instruction will be provided by an on-line learning platform.
- Families will need to provide Internet access.
- The Pierre School District will provide the necessary computer for the student to use.
- Students eligible for special services will continue to receive those services on-line.
- Students will be allowed to participate in extra-curricular activities.
- A District staff member will make direct contact with students to identify assignments and monitor progress.
- Students will be required to complete weekly assignments.
- Families would need to elect the online learning option during student registration via Infinite Campus Parent Portal August 1st-7th.